GCF is the only NGO in the world that concentrates solely on the conservation and management of giraffe in the wild across Africa.
GCF is dedicated to a sustainable future for all giraffe populations in the wild.
GCF is established as a Namibian charitable and funding institution of a public character, with the objective to raise awareness for, provide support to and secure a future for giraffe and conserve their habitat in Africa, and more specifically to:
- support the conservation of viable and existing habitat for giraffe;
- identify key threats to giraffe in Africa and develop innovative ways to mitigate these;
- raise awareness for and promote the value of giraffe conservation in African Range States and internationally.
- plan, develop, implement and administer projects and programmes, including the appointment of project staff, in support of its primary aim, and in co-operation with local communities and partner institutions as appropriate;
- collaborate with local, national and international partners on giraffe conservation efforts in the interests of giraffe conservation in African Range States;
- raise funds for giraffe conservation and management across Africa; and
- maintain a close working relationship with the IUCN SSC Giraffe and Okapi Specialist Group (GOSG) to provide comprehensive awareness and technical support.
Help us save giraffe in Africa.
Giraffe need you now more than ever. Your gift today will directly support our giraffe conservation work across Africa.
You can donate through our fiscal agent Wildlife Conservation Global. Please make sure to indicate that your donation goes to GCF. Thank you for your generosity!
Get in touch for more information or to get our account details for a direct transfer of your gift.